Parents should not view the library as an alternative to daycare.
Staff will not be placed in the position of supervising children except when in scheduled library programs.
For the safety and protection of all patrons, the Sherburne Memorial Library has developed the following policy.
Staff members are concerned when parents leave their young children alone or in the care of an older sibling or friend. They become bored and restless leading to disruptive behavior
- All CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 8 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT OR A RESPONSIBLE CAREGIVER.
- YOUTH, AGED 8 AND UP, ARE WELCOME TO USE THE LIBRARY AS LONG AS THEIR BEHAVIOR IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE BEHAVIOR POLICY.
- PARENTS SHOULD BE ADVISED THAT IF THEIR CHILDREN MISBEHAVE THEY WILL BE TOLD TO LEAVE THE LIBRARY.
- PARENTS SHOULD REALIZE IN THEIR ABSENCE THEY ARE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN’S BEHAVIOR.
- CHILDREN MUST BE PICKED UP BY 5:15 MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
- POLICE WILL BE CALLED FOR CHILDREN LEFT WAITING AT CLOSING TIME.
Revised and adopted: Nov. 19, 2003 Readopted: November 2005, October 2006, October 2007